Traditional Wooden Blanket Boxes
All of our blanket boxes are made out of solid wood using dovetail joints on all four sides. Our lids are a very solid 22mm thick with 40mm beading and incorporate 3 slow closing safety hinges. Our boxes are finished in a traditional style using a choice of Farrow & Ball colours.
The extra workmanship and materials that go into our boxes set us apart from others. They make wonderful pieces of furniture that will last for years and years.
A Blanket Box with a plain lid is £325 and matching lid is £350. All prices include VAT
The blanket box size is a generous 92cm long x 47cm deep x 47cm high, providing ample storage space.
- Each blanket chest is built with solid red wood from a sustainable source. We do not use any MDF.
- Traditional dovetail jointing on all sides of each blanket box for maximum strength. (Boxes without dovetails will not stand the test of time.)
- Extra thick 22mm wooden lids with 40mm beading.
- Solid brass or brushed aluminium handles for ease of carrying the blanket box rather than cut out holes.
- Special slow drop hinges fitted.
- All our finishes are sealed in layers of acrylic matt varnish so the surfaces can be wiped clean. We do not use wax which tends to mark very easily.
Blanket Chest Finishes
Our standard blanket box bases are painted in a choice of three Farrow & Ball heritage colours (shown below). They are then hand finished giving an antique worn appearance with exceptional depth of colour and silky smooth finish.
The standard colours are: Tallow (Cream), Saxon Green and Pointing (White)
If you have a particular colour in mind that you would like to be used on the base, other than those shown or any other special requirement then please contact us and we will be happy to help.
The inside of the blanket box is also sealed and hand finished so it is very smooth to the touch and prevents any item of linen catching.