All of our Toy boxes are made out of solid wood using dovetail joints on all four sides. Our lids are a very solid 22mm thick with 40mm beading and incorporate 3 slow closing safety hinges. Our boxes are finished in a traditional style using a choice of Farrow & Ball colours.
The extra workmanship and materials that go into our wooden toy boxes set us apart from others. They make wonderful pieces of furniture that will last for years and years.
A standard toy box with a natural wooden lid is £325. A toy box with a girl or boys illustrated lid is £350. All toy boxes can have the child's name carved on the front at no further cost.
We also offer a range of Bespoke Toy Boxes, which allow you to choose your own design, please click here to see some examples.
- Our wooden toy boxes are a generous size, 92cm long x 47cm deep x 47cm high, providing ample storage space.
- Each toy box is built with solid red wood from a sustainable source. We do not use MDF.
- Traditional dovetail jointing on all sides of each toy box for maximum strength. (Boxes without dovetails will not stand the test of time)
- Extra thick 22mm wooden lids with 40mm beading
- Solid brass or aluminium handles for ease of carrying the toy box rather than cut out holes.
- The toy box base has been kept flush with the floor to prevent small items or dust gathering underneath the toy box.
- Each toy box has 3 special slow drop hinges fitted which allow the lid to stay open at any desired angle. The lid can not drop.
- All our finishes are sealed in layers of acrylic matt varnish so that the surfaces can be wiped clean. We do not use wax which tends to mark very easily.
All the bases for our wooden toy boxes are hand painted in a choice of six Farrow & Ball heritage colours (shown below). They are then finished giving an antique worn appearance with exceptional depth of colour and a silky smooth finish.
The standard toy box colours are:
- Pointing (White)
- Tallow (Cream)
- Dayroom Yellow
- Setting Plaster (Pink)
- Saxon Green
- Cooks Blue
The toy boxes can come with a plain natural wooden lid, which gives the box a very nice traditional feel or with our standard girls and boys illustrated lids which are stained and silk screened with specially commissioned, exclusive images designed to capture every child's imagination.
If you have a particular colour in mind that you would like to be used on the base, other than those shown or any special requirements then please contact us and we will be happy to help.
The inside of the toy box is also sealed and hand finished so it is very smooth to the touch.
Personalising Childrens Toy Boxes
We felt that this was an important part of the toy boxes and so decided on a unique way of personalising each toy box by carving the child's name into the wood, rather than simply painting it on.
If you have a special requirement for the carving then please contact us and we will advise on what can be done.
We are often asked to supply brass or silver plaques engraved with a personal message which we fix onto the inside of the lid so that it can be seen each time the lid is opened.
They cost £15 and you can have up to 15 words. Please let us know if you would like one.